Sunday, June 12, 2011

How H.P. Lovecraft Made My Day

This past week has been full of ups and downs!  I'm looking forward to a new week - maybe one less emotionally draining.

Anyways, I thought I would share one of the ups with you.  I got requests from two friends/friends of friends for crochet work.  One of them requested this for her cousin's new baby due in November:







And one requested this:





While the first one is an adorable bear costume I made several months back for a photographer (Nikki Scott) - the second one is not something I completely understand. 

If you're wondering, that's my handsome boyfriend in the photo sporting a special request he made of me this past winter - a Cthulhu ski mask.  Odd, I know, but according to him - something that has potential to be incredibly popular.

And it turns out that he was right.  Because today, one of his coworkers mentioned that he'd like one as well.  Go figure.

So now I've got two projects to work on that I actually know people are going to buy!  Huzzah!  This week is looking up already :D

4 comments:

  1. My roommate is actually working on a Cthulhu hat for herself at the moment! I guess Cthulhu merch is pretty popular, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently! I have no idea about it though . . . no idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! That mask looked like an octopus to me before I read the description! No offense meant. :) Great work BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. It's very octopusy. But you could argue that Cthulhu is pretty octopusy too.

    ReplyDelete