Sunday, May 1, 2011

Special Thanks To The Pointer Sisters

Another thing I'm good at is getting into and out of running.  I've been into and out of running at least once this year - this past week marking "into running" number two for 2011.

This is all because we are heading to Maui in just under three weeks, and so while I have no delusions about obtaining any sort of bikini-ready body, I would like to be able to hike some volcanoes without collapsing.

And so while my boyfriend was quietly sleeping off the BMO Half Marathon, I went for a 3.17 Km run along the boardwalk.  Yippee.

But it's better than nothing.  And with the sun finally shining the boardwalk was buzzing with activity and the smell of the Fraser River was surprisingly pleasant - go figure.

And of course, I couldn't have done it without The Pointer Sisters and their valiant attempt to get me excited about running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment